"I don't have any control over what happens except that I have full control over my will for myself, my intention, and why I'm here. That's all that matters" - SZA
Intentions are simple acts that can significantly impact your life. They are one of the essential techniques for using the law of attraction. Learning how to set intentions and use the power within are the first step in creating the life you want and achieving your desires. Taking the time to develop a clear intention for what you want to be, do, or feel, you become far more likely to have a positive outcome result from your experience. Setting an intention is essential if you want to develop conscious control over the way you feel and the circumstances of your life. Whether you're striving to achieve your goals or just trying to get through the day, setting the intention is the most powerful tool you have. You can apply this skill to any challenge or goal, from identifying specific tasks to acting from a place of integrity to enjoying long-lasting and fulfilling relationships or vital health. When you set your intention for the day, you focus on your desired state, outlining what you want to do that day.
Over the last three years, I have practiced the art of setting intentions before every encounter or execution of a plan. When deciding to start my own company, I utilized the following formula.
1. Set the mood - Your environment is essential because your setting determines your mood and your mood impacts your thinking and actions. So set the mood by burning your favorite candle or incense. Be in a great headspace; the same headspace you have your best day is the vibe you want to project when preparing your environment for intention settings.
2. Meditate - Meditation helps calm the mind and turn it in with your intuition. It is essential to tap into your tuition and learn to listen and trust your intuition. This is where all of your most important information comes from. Meditation helps you relax and focus; you want to be focused and purposeful when setting intentions.
3. Visualization - Imagine the outcome you desire. Visualize what you want to achieve, then imagine the feeling of having already accomplished that goal. Try to imagine having this desire come into your life. Visualization helps with remaining focused and on the course because if you can see it, if you believe it, you will achieve it.
4. Write it down - Write down everything you pictured and imagined and be descriptive and specific. Leave no room for any doubts or negative thoughts. Put the intention in the universe as the form of a strong desire.
5. Understanding the work - Put in the position that will match the intention; if your set purpose is to get promoted, make sure you put in the work appropriate to achieve that goal. Suppose your desired aim is to run a successful business and put you in a position that correlates with ensuring business success.
Throughout the last five years, I've utilized the practice of setting a purposeful intention to achieve all of my goals, whether it was a position I wanted to hold or a promotion I knew I was more than qualified for. I set intentions with every interaction, for every action, in my personal and professional life. I always ask myself, what do I want to get out of this? I had to do an honest assessment of what I wanted to achieve. In doing so, I noticed a flood of positive responses and partnerships formed, and I can see progress in the first 30 days. Even if we believe the circumstances are adverse, walking into every situation with a positive mindset can change the outcome and perspective. I realize that I have the power to manifest the change I want to occur in my darkest moments. By setting the intention, I hold myself accountable for the outcome and consistently put forth my best effort within my control to achieve the desired result.